$79,531.00 - $96,087.00 Annually OPENING DATE:
05/09/18 CLOSING DATE:
05/29/18 11:59 PM LEARN MORE/APPLY: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/napacity/jobs/2073642/water-treatment-facility-operator WANTED: An amazing California T3 certified Water Treatment Facility Operator who leads with authenticity, drives for excellence, and ultimately wants to provide safe and reliable drinking water for the well-being of our residents.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and across a multitude of areas? Is your civic duty calling you to use your expertise for a public good? Then APPLY
today and make a positive impact with the City of Napa, benefiting not only the employees of the organization but the community we serve! We would love to see your record of proven success in:
- Authenticity - Gaining other people's trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Technical Knowledge and Skill - Technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leveraging expert knowledge to accomplish results.
- Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Emotional Intelligence - Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others' emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one's behavior matches one's values and delivers intended results.
The City of Napa has an immediate opening within the Water Division of the Department of Public Works for a Water Treatment Facility Operator
. This individual will be a key member of the team, and help operate Napa's three water treatment plants and facilities.
The City of Napa Water Division provides potable drinking water to over 80,000 residents in the City of Napa and surrounding areas. The City owns and operates two conventional water treatment plants (20 MGD each) and one 3 MGD direct filtration water treatment plant that treat water from the State Water Project and from City owned reservoirs. Our state-of-the-art facilities include the Edward I. Barwick Jamieson Canyon Water Treatment Plant with pre- and intermediate-ozone treatment basins, filtration, washwater clarifier facilities, and outstanding operations, maintenance and ELAP certified laboratory.
A Water Treatment Facility Operator performs moderately difficult work independently in order to operate and maintain water treatment plant equipment and facilities during an assigned shift, in addition to performing other related duties as assigned. On assigned shifts, incumbents are expected to work independently and exercise sound judgment in performing the full range of water treatment functions to ensure water quality, adequate flows and pressure, as well as performing minor maintenance, instrument calibration, computer system monitoring, and operating adjustments. An Equal Opportunity Employer