Job Summary: This is highly responsible professional work providing functional management and administration of large complex projects with significant budget impact.
Job duties include:
- Assists the Bureau Chief with management tasks including, but not limited to: coordination and development of Bureau workplan and project scope of works, coordination of special projects and program reviews, and oversees annual revision of position descriptions and performance standards.
- Assists with the engineering contractual work procured by the Division; develops scopes of work; utilizes Matrix and coordinates with Procurement staff as needed; coordinates contracts and contractor work progress; invoice approval.
- Develops and maintains project schedules; monitors project to ensure all required actions are accomplished within time schedule and budget, and ensures work products meet appropriate quality standards.
- Provides technical assistance for modelers, reviews work, and reports as needed.
- Assists in preparing technical reports and memos, project proposals, work orders, progress reports, general services contract summaries, and other related tasks.
- Maintains and updates status of projects in the Bureau of Watershed Management and Modeling work plan.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in environmental, civil, hydraulic or water resource engineering or related field and five years of experience in project management related to water resources, two of which must include management of complex projects.
Professional experience as described above can substitute on a year- for-year basis for the required college education. Additional Details: Salary range:
$57,678.40 - $80,017.60 Annually
Starting salary commensurate with selected candidate’s competencies and qualifications.
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, paid leave and holidays, professional development and wellness program. Your application will receive careful consideration, and if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
Open until filled Apply: https://www.sjrwmd.com/jobs