DEPARTMENT: Water Reclamation Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
PAY RANGE: $52,071 - $88,521 Annually
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
How to Apply / Contact
Please apply online at https://www.gcwsd.com/employment
Responsible for directing the activities of water reclamation operations personnel in operating and maintaining all District water reclamation operations systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains, supervises, motivates, and disciplines employees in the performance of their duties
- Plans, schedules, and directs the work tasks of water reclamation operations personnel
- Prepares performance evaluations on subordinate employees
- Interviews and makes hiring recommendations for subordinate positions in the department
- Provides written recommendations that are given particular weight for all promotions, merit increases, bonuses, or terminations of subordinate employees.
- Instructs personnel in safety, rules and regulations, and work habits
- Checks, prepares, and maintains plant operations reports and operations checklists and District work order system
- Completes and maintains state, local, and federally required records and reports
- Instructs personnel in safety, rules, regulations and work habits
- Maintains time sheets, leave sheets, overtime sheets, and work reports
- Prepare and monitor water reclamation departmental budgets
- Assists in planning for short and long-term facility maintenance and expansion needs
- Ensures all District policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures preventive maintenance of equipment
- Detects and reports any unusual conditions or difficulties
- Oversee inventory control of all supplies, materials, and equipment
- Determine the need for supplies, materials, and chemicals and submit appropriate forms to purchasing
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Inspects all machinery to ensure proper operating conditions
- Makes recommendations regarding various phases of operations
- Responds to and oversees timely resolution of customer service requests
- May perform portions of the work of higher classified positions, occasionally, as assigned.
- Participates in on call rotation after normal working hours
- Serves on various employee or other committees, as assigned
- Performs related duties as assigned
Desired Education and Experience
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in water reclamation operations
- Electro – mechanical skills
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Basic Computer skills including windows, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Ability to guide, direct, and motivate employees
- Ability to work safely
- Working knowledge of OSHA, SCDHEC, and other regulations.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public;
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Associate degree in engineering, chemistry, biology or physical science
- 5 years of related work experience, including 1 year supervisory experience
- Valid SC driver’s license
- Class A Biological Treatment License (required)
- Class A Voluntary Collections License (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Working Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and / or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and the risk of electrical shock. Other
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. EEO / Drug Free
THE CONTENTS OF THIS JOB POSTING ARE PRESENTED AS A MATTER OF INFORMATION ONLY. THE STATEMENTS IN THIS JOB POSTING ARE NOT INTENDED TO CREATE OR CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT BETWEEN THE DISTRICT AND ANY EMPLOYEE, NOR ARE THEY A GUARANTEE OF CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT.