ROWLAND WATER DISTRICT
3021 Fullerton Road
Rowland Heights, CA 91748 www.rowlandwater.com
Water Maintenance II
(Open Competitive) Deadline to file applications:
August 30, 2018 (or until position is filled) SALARY AND BENEFITS SALARY RANGE:
$5,635.00 - $6,849.00 per month
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans paid 100% by the District for employee and dependent(s)
- CalPERS Retirement: Classic members, 2.5% at 55; PEPRA members 2% at 62)
- 10 paid holidays per year, 10 paid vacation days per year initially, up to 20 per year, 12 paid sick leave days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $1,500.00/year
- 9-80 Work Week (every other Friday off)
Under general direction from the Field Operations Supervisor, the primary duties and responsibilities of this position involve performing at a journey level the following: Installing, maintaining and repairing potable and recycled water distribution systems and related facilities; City and County permitting; contractor job oversight; and performing other related duties as required. POSITION CHARACTERISTICS:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess journey level knowledge of construction and maintenance methods, procedures, tools, equipment, supplies and materials associated with water distribution systems, with at least three (3) years of increasingly responsible operations experience. EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DUTIES:
- Cut, fit and install/repair water mainlines, valves, service connections, meters and other related appurtenances; clean, disinfect and flush mainlines.
- Inspect water distribution system for leaks; accurately locate, delineate and permit for excavation.
- Read, interpret and understand blueprints and construction drawings.
- Assist in directing, training and supervising subordinate distribution personnel.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with District staff and customers.
- Perform duties under routine and emergency conditions, occasionally in inclement or adverse weather conditions.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints in a tactful, courteous and professional manner.
- Promote and maintain cooperative working relationships; work efficiently and safely with others
Physical activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to frequently carry, push, pull, reach and lift equipment and parts weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 90 pounds may be required.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb during field maintenance work.
- Operate various types of District vehicles, electric and pneumatic power tools and equipment.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License (Class C) issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles with satisfactory evidence of a good driving record. Required to obtain a California Driver’s License (Class A) with Air Brake Endorsement within six months of appointment. The driving record must be free of multiple or serious traffic violations which would adversely affect the District’s automobile liability insurance rates.
- Certification as a State of California, Division of Drinking Water, Grade D3, Water Distribution Operator.
- Certification as a State of California, Division of Drinking Water, Grade T1, Water Treatment Operator.
- Satisfactory results received from a physical examination and drug screening. The District will also conduct a comprehensive pre-employment background investigation.
- Required to be on standby duty status for a continuous period of seven (7) days at scheduled intervals throughout the year.
- In order to respond to emergencies in a reasonable time period, this position requires that the employee must be capable of responding and reporting to the District service area boundaries within thirty (30) minutes, given moderate traffic conditions, to any call to service. Travel time from employee’s residence shall be estimated by Google Maps or some equivalent software and approved by employee’s supervisor.
- This position serves a mandatory six month at-will probationary period.
for a complete job description and employment application. Completed application and resume (desirable) should be sent to:
Rowland Water District
Human Resources Department
3021 Fullerton Road
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Rowland Water District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in hiring, training, promotion, compensation or terms of employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status or sex.