ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Certifications:
- May serve as the Chief Water Distribution Operator for the water distribution system(s) per California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) definition.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the water distribution system, including main lines, valves, service lines and hydrants.
- Coordinates and administers the functions of customer service, billing and collections, community relations, office operations, and meter programs in the Customer Service Area.
- Supervises customer service business office and related activities involving calls for service request, turn-ons and turn-offs; billing, credit and collections; and field investigations.
- Coordinates service shut downs; notifies customers of water outages and work to be performed.
- Develops and maintains an effective employee relations plan; supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel.
- Ensures all water distribution facilities, and operations and maintenance programs, comply with applicable Federal, State and local ordinances and regulations.
- Develops and oversees compliance with Operations & Maintenance and Blanket Capital budgets for area of control.
- Participates in capital budget, general rate case and long-term planning.
- Ensures the safety of all operations. Conducts safety meetings, inspections and provides documentation related to all safety issues.
- Communicates both orally and written, with local government officials, company management and staff, customers, CPUC, and others.
- Acts for the General Manager as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- SWRCB Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certification OR must obtain applicable SWRCB certification within 18 months if designated as chief operator.
- SWRCB Grade 1 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification.
- Valid California driver’s license.
Qualities / Core Competencies:
- Five (5) years of progressive water industry experience, of which three (3) years includes significant, advanced experience in water distribution and customer service activities.
- Three (3) years prior water distribution leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to support complex projects.
- Must possess demonstrated writing skills.
- Familiar with basic PC applications.
- Demonstrates a strong level of accountability and ownership.
- Executes with discipline and urgency.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time. TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.ASWATER.COM
AND CLICK ON CAREERS. APPLY FOR JOB POSTING 35.19.