The Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water) seeks an experienced and resourceful Principal Engineer specializing in Resource Planning!
The Water Agency Principal Engineer - Resource Planning plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the work of the Resource Planning Section. This position provides technical and strategic support on issues regarding Sonoma Water’s water rights permits, reservoir/river operations in the Russian River watershed, Sonoma Water’s riverbank filtration facilities, and long-term water supply resiliency planning. Additionally, this position will:
- Represent Sonoma Water before official bodies, regulatory agencies, Sonoma Water's Water Contractors, and the general public
- Work closely with other divisions throughout Sonoma Water to coordinate, prioritize, and oversee the planning, analysis, and implementation of water supply and resources planning initiatives
- Direct and organize the workload of the Resource Planning Section
- Prepare the annual budget request for the Resource Planning Section
- Provide strategic and technical support to senior Sonoma Water management
- Oversee consultants, review workplans and summary reports for water resource planning studies
A graduate degree in a field of study closely related to water resources engineering is desired, but not required. What We Offer
- Salary Advancement - A salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Paid Time Off - Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County Paid Health Premium Contributions - 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- Staff Development/Wellness Pay - Annual benefit allowances of up to $2,000 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Post-Retirement Health Reimbursement Arrangement - County contributions to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement - A pension fully integrated with Social Security
- Paid Parental Leave - May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) after 12 months of County employment
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org
or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve.
Apply by 10/03/23