To apply, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cvwd/
TITLE: Wastewater Reclamation Plant Assistant Supervisor, WRP 4
SRN S13: $7,777 - $10,858 Monthly, Non-exempt
Bargaining Unit: ASSET
Division: Sanitation - Wastewater Reclamation Plant No. 4
Reports to: Shift Supervisor, Chief Plant Operator
Supervises the following positions: Wastewater Operators I, II, III and Operators in Training
DEFINITION: Under general direction, performs the most difficult operational and maintenance work at the District’s Wastewater Reclamation Plants. Acts as Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor or Shift Supervisor in their absence, at minimum two days per week and will supervise a shift and have supervisory responsibilities for the reclamation plants during those times. Performs related duties as required.
- Inspects work in progress to assure quality completion and within time and cost constraints. Provides feedback and suggestions for improvement when necessary.
- Schedules operations and maintenance work and insures that materials and equipment are available for operators.
- Reviews laboratory test results and initiates action to be taken.
- Trains and instructs new employees on operational and safety procedures using established district policy and guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records and reports. Makes oral and written reports of work performed. Inputs data into a computer.
- Provides assistance to the Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor or Shift Supervisor in planning, coordinating and scheduling the overall plant operation.
- Responds to emergency situations, including when off duty.
- Attends workshops and seminars to maintain current technology and maintenance procedures.
- Maintain favorable and cooperative working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Confers regularly with Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor or Shift Supervisor on work performed or any potential problems.
for full job description of each level. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licenses, Experience, and Certifications:
Valid California Operators license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Department of Motor Vehicles driving record may influence employment or classification.
Possession of a Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board, as issued through procedures established by the Board.
Failure to comply with certification requirements may influence employment or classification. Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required. College coursework in engineering, management or supervision is preferred. Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be to have four years experience in wastewater treatment plant operation with at least one year comparable to that of a Wastewater Reclamation Plant Operator III in the Coachella Valley Water District.