Responsible for design, oversight, and management of the District’s extensive hydrologic monitoring network, which includes permanent and project-based monitoring, and which consists of over 700 wells, 360 surface water level and discharge stations, and 92 rain gauges. Responsible for oversight of hydrologic field data collection as well as quality assurance and data management. This position serves as the hydrologic technical lead for the Bureau of Water Resource Information.
Job duties include:
- Supervise the hydrologic quality assurance team and the hydrologic data collection team; develop projects and goals, guide development of work products, review and implement procedures, ensure consistency and implement new monitoring.
- Provide oversight of the District’s hydrologic monitoring network, including technical expertise, network optimization, development of objectives, and coordination with project managers. Coordinate data collection requirements with project managers and other District units.
- Develop information products from the permanent hydrologic monitoring network.
- Serve as data steward of District hydrologic databases: oversee quality, procedures, access methods, and data distribution.
- Coordinate interagency data sharing and data sharing protocols.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the natural, biological, physical, or engineering sciences and five years of experience in water resource management, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
A master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the natural, biological, physical, or engineering sciences can substitute for one year of non-supervisory experience described above.
A doctorate from an accredited college or university in one of the natural, biological, physical, or engineering sciences can substitute for two years of the non-supervisory experience described above.
Professional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Base Salary:
Benefits include the Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid leave and holidays, and professional development.
Your application will receive careful consideration, and if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
Open until filled