The County of Sonoma Water Agency (Sonoma Water) seeks a Drafting and Design Technician III to join the Engineering and Resource Planning Division's CAD/GIS Team
Using your skillset in AutoCAD Civil 3D, you will work alongside project managers to design and draft projects for large capacity, high-pressure aqueducts; high volume wastewater treatment plans; sanitation collection systems and large capacity steel water reservoirs and other assets and facilities that Sonoma Water owns and operates. As the Sonoma Water Drafting and Design Technician III you are the team lead working closely with the CAD/GIS Coordinator facilitating section communications and sharing your knowledge of Civil Water projects and CAD software with the team of journey level drafters.
The ideal candidate will be open-minded and have the ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team environment. Additionally, they will possess:
- Civil engineering drafting and design experience
- Advanced proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software and other programs relevant to this position such as ESRI's, Excel, GIS, and modeling software
- Experience managing and developing AutoCAD Standards for the Agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to create effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- An aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
Working at Sonoma Water offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now