Are you an expert inspector of water and wastewater systems?
Because our next Senior Inspector
will be. They have to be, because every day, they're responsible for performing highly complex inspections of District engineering projects related to the design and construction of water and wastewater distribution and collection systems to enforce the District construction standards, plans, specifications, and contract provision.
If you've been in a role like this, you know how critical it is. You will make a difference.
We make a difference. Rainbow Municipal Water District distributes safe drinking water to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the beautiful unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook.
Come work and live in the beautiful rolling hills of Northern San Diego County, and enjoy the rural feel of the area without sacrificing the convenience of suburban living. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This job is perfect for you if:
- You crave a new challenge. The idea of handling multiple new developments and pipeline replacement projects excites you.
- You thrive when you are working independently to achieve your goals.
- You like variety in your workday because no two days will be the same.
- You are interested in working for a small water District that values professionalism, integrity, innovation, responsibility, and teamwork.
What would typical work assignments be?
- You're a team of one most days, performing highly specialized inspection work of District construction projects including hydrants, meters, pipelines, manholes, and pressure stations for new developments, individual residences, and businesses to ensure compliance with District plans, specifications, and policies.
- You'll take responsibility for managing contract inspectors on District CIP construction projects, holding contractors accountable for doing things the right way, not just "checking a box." That includes plans, drawings, and code.
- You'll make tough calls as you review, interpret, and explain plans, specifications, development drawings, codes, ordinances, policies, GIS and plat maps, engineering drawings, sketches, and service manuals to determine the location, size, construction materials, and facility characteristics for construction projects.
- You'll be meticulous in your inspection reports and progress pay estimates and in your evaluations of contractor invoices, change orders, punch lists, and other documents related to construction projects.
- You're always thinking things through and aren't afraid to question and confirm plans that seem unusual or possibly erroneous, working with the District Engineer, developers or contractors to make corrections as needed to ensure compliance with District plans, specifications, and policies.
Who is the ideal candidate?
- You know your stuff. In your 4+ years of experience inspecting public works construction and underground wet utilities for water and wastewater, you've seen it all and know how to handle the most complex situations.
- You're not just doing work to "check a box" You insist on the best way.
- You're willing to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever needed. You aren't the type to say "well that's not my job."
- You are the decision maker. You know what to pass, what to insist on fixing, and what to escalate.
- You understand civil engineering practices in the field, as well as water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
- You never met a new technology you couldn't master. From AutoCAD to GIS to Bluebeam (or other plan check systems), you can go from novice to expert in no time.
What is the selection process?
To be considered for this position, please visit the full job posting and complete the online application here
. Resumes may be attached, but are not accepted in lieu of the online application. For more information about the Rainbow Municipal Water District, visit our Careers page.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodations
It is the policy of the Rainbow Municipal Water District to assure equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Office at Recruitment at Rainbowmwd dot com and request such an accommodation that he/she needs to engage in the selection process.