The City of Sacramento, Department of Utilities, Engineering and Water Resources Division, Asset Management Group is seeking a dynamic and highly qualified Senior Engineer with a strong technical background and wide-ranging experience with asset management best practices to support strategic and operational decision-making for Department’s Water, Wastewater, and Storm Drainage systems.
This position will be responsible for evaluating emerging best practices in asset management as well as working closely with the Supervising Engineer to develop, implement, and maintain all elements of the asset management framework to improve the overall reliability of infrastructure assets. Following an industry-based asset management approach, the candidate will apply holistic lifecycle methodologies to guide asset investments for rehabilitation, replacement, condition assessments, and preventive/predictive maintenance activities.
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
• Develop business strategies, processes, and plans that are aligned with the Department’s short-term and long-term objectives
• Plan, manage, coordinate, and drive the short and long-range CIP financial planning activities
• Apply risk management principles and whole life cost modeling approaches to analyze the costs, benefits, and risks of capital and O&M investment options
• Support the Department’s Business Case Evaluation process
• Develop appropriate business analytics, performance measures, and reporting tools to track cost and reliability improvements in the Department’s maintenance and asset management programs, leveraging Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and other relevant asset management systems
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated and has a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership. The candidate is a “forward thinker” that has experience leading cross-departmental teams fostering collaboration between team members and ensuring coordination and consistency between divisions. The candidate has an analytical mindset that can see the “big picture” in a variety of situations. The candidate must also possess excellent organizational, technical, and written and verbal communication skills to support this exceedingly important position. The candidate must be comfortable working with a high volume of assignments in a fast-paced setting. The candidate will be expected to work under tight schedules and competing priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the following: • Asset management principles and leading practices: risk management, infrastructure life cycle assessment, business case evaluations, capital planning, and maintenance management
• Asset lifecycle: plan, design, procure/build, commission, operate, maintain, monitor, modify/upgrade, and decommission/replace
• International Infrastructure Management Manual
• ISO 55000, 55001, & 55002c
• Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
• Innovyze InfoMaster is highly desirable
Annual Salary Range: $99,318 - $130,314. For more information, and to apply for this job please visit the City's employment website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities. (Job number 001817-18-DOU-2