El Toro Water District is seeking an experienced Project Engineer. El Toro Water District takes great pride in providing excellent customer service and going the extra mile for our customers. We believe that starts with our employees. ETWD genuinely cares for their employees’ well-being while providing an engaging work environment that provides the tools, resources and inspiration to provide the best possible customer service to the customers we serve.
Under the general direction of the Senior Engineer, the Project Engineer will perform professional civil engineering work related to the planning, design, construction and maintenance of District facilities and District unique capital improvement projects. Confers with developers, contractors and representatives of other agencies regarding facility and infrastructure development. Administers professional services and construction contracts, prepares and presents staff reports, and performs related work as required. For a complete job description, please visit https//etwd.com within the Employment Tab.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
General design principles and construction techniques for the design and construction of various water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
1. Municipal and engineering codes and standards as well as Federal and State laws and programs related to the areas of work assignments.
2. Principles and practices of project management and evaluation, including goal setting and the development of objectives, work planning and organization.
3. Principles and practices of capital improvement cost estimation and contract administration.
4. Computer applications related to the work, which may include computer-aided drafting concepts and applications, geographical informational systems, and specialty modeling software.
5. Basic budgetary principles and practices.
6. Practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting effective staff reports.
7. Techniques for effectively representing the District, in person and over the telephone, in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, various business, professional, educational and regulatory organizations and with property owners, developers, contractors, vendors and the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Equivalent to graduation from a four year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or a related field. Master’s degree desirable.
2. 5 Years of professional experience in design and construction management of civil engineering projects.
3. Supervisory experience is desirable.
4. Valid registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California is preferred.
5. Possess a valid Class C California Driver's License.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this position is $100,880 - $141,261. The actual salary is dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the individual selected.
The District provides a wide array of benefits. For additional information, please contact El Toro Water District Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949.837.7050.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed applications and resumes may be faxed to: (888) 498-9550 or email to: email@example.com. Applications may be obtained from the ETWD website at www.etwd.com.