Regular Full-Time – M-F + Scheduled On-Call
Salary: $85,356 - $120,756 Annual - $41.04 - $58.06 per hr. (designated as non-exempt) Key Responsibilities:
Plan, supervise and review the operation, servicing and maintenance of water production, treatment and storage facilities; oversee and perform skilled electrical installation and repair work; oversee skilled mechanical repair and maintenance work, etc.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, supervises, reviews, evaluates staff in distribution and treatment systems operations, data control & maintenance activities of drinking water system.
- Supervises and directs operation and maintenance of water distribution & treatment systems: valving, regulating, disinfection, pumping stations, reservoirs, power generation.
- Plans and implements inspection and servicing program for wells, pumps, motors, generators, chemical feed and pressure filter equipment, related facilities & equipment.
- Performs skilled electrical installation and repair work, upgrades systems & controls, diagnoses and repairs electrical problems.
- Supervises equipment and vehicle maintenance & repair program.
- Monitors and maintains SCADA and telemetry systems; provides technical assistance, evaluates and makes recommendations on computer hardware & software.
- Inspects job sites. Estimates personnel, material and equipment requirements.
- Prepares and maintains reports, records, operating logs, work sheets, accident reports, etc.
- Implements and oversees computerized maintenance management system.
- Responds to questions and complaints from the public and other agencies.
- Evaluates personnel, recommends and implements staff development, disciplinary action; participates in selecting new employees.
- Ensures safe work methods, safety precautions and equipment are utilized.
- Responds to emergency situations in off-hours as required.
Equivalent to high school graduation + two (2) years as lead/supervisor & equivalent of five (5) years in water treatment and distribution systems operations & maintenance work. Requirements:
Valid Class “C” Cal. Drivers’ License; Clean driving record and proof of valid insurance coverage; Grade D-3 Distribution Operators Certificate (must obtain D-4 within specified time periods); Grade T-2 Treatment Operators Certificate; Regularly scheduled on-call and emergency shifts as required; Ability to lift, carry and push tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs; work in all weather conditions; work in confined spaces and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. BENEFITS:
Medical insurance: 90% employer-paid for employee & eligible dependents. Dental/Vision/ Life/LTD insurance: 100% employer-paid for employee & eligible dependents Retirement: CalPERS Classic (2.5%@55) or PEPRA membership & voluntary deferred comp plan. Generous Paid Vacation, Holidays & Sick Leave, etc. FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND HOW TO APPLY – GO TO DISTRICT WEBSITE: www.soquelcreekwater.org APPLICATION DEADLINE:
APRIL 8, 2019