Section: Domestic Water, Production
SRN S-27: $8,458- $11,692 Monthly, Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations
Supervises the following: Domestic Treatment/Metering Supervisor, and Domestic Water Production Supervisor and associated operation/production divisions.
DEFINITION: Under general direction, the core function of this position is to plan, organize and direct the production and operations of CVWD’s Domestic Water System. The position will oversee the planning, scheduling, and resource allocation and optimization of all labor, materials and equipment within the Domestic Water Production/Operations Divisions, and other related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS without limitation:
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Domestic Water Operations, assists with the planning, production and operation of CVWD’s Domestic Water System.
- Oversees the allocation of all equipment, material, and personnel to optimize resources for Domestic Water Production and Operations, and provide support to improve internal and external customer service for Domestic Water Operations, Construction, and Maintenance.
- Plays a support role in the preparation of the annual Domestic Water budget, and provides input into long-term planning, scheduling, and the prioritization of system (capital) improvements.
- Assists in the enhancement of departmental training. Holds regular safety meetings and looks for educational and cross-training opportunities for development of employees and their career paths.
- Plays a key role in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for Domestic Water Operations.
- Ensures that employees, consultants, and contractors adhere to CVWD policies and procedures, and conform to health and safety compliance, fugitive dust mitigation, and other related permitting.
Please see job description
for Knowledge and Abilities License or Certificates:
Valid California Operators license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Department of Motor Vehicles driving record may influence employment or classification. A Class “A” commercial license is desirable. Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of eighteen (18) credit units of Supervision/Leadership, Project Management, Construction Management, Water Distribution from a CVWD approved certification program or similarly accredited college or university. Possession of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university satisfies this requirement. Distribution 5 (D5) and Treatment 2 (T2) Certifications are required. Experience:
Ten (10) years of increasing responsibility in activities related to the production and operations of large Domestic Water Systems and other related public works infrastructure. This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience within production, construction, operations, or maintenance.
Go to http://www.cvwd.org/175/Job-Descriptions
for full job descriptions.
ONLY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD APPLY. HUMAN RESOURCES WILL SCREEN ALL APPLICANTS TO DETERMINE QUALIFICATIONS. ONLY THOSE WHO MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED OR INTERVIEWED.
The Coachella Valley Water District reserves the right to change or modify the terms, conditions and salary of this position or to withdraw this position at any time. OPEN: