Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District
Tehachapi-Cummings County Water District (TCCWD) invites you to pursue a career with a leader in the industry. Under direct supervision this TCCWD team member will perform a variety of tasks related to the construction, repair and operation of the TCCWD water distribution system, provide administrative and clerical support, perform a variety of warehouse duties, ordering, delivering and picking up a variety of parts and materials, operate a forklift and district vehicle in a safe, responsible and professional manner, and perform other duties as assigned
Essential Functions and Abilities: - Provides routine assistance to Operations staff as directed by the Operations and/or General Manager.
- Assists Operations Department staff in the field with general tasks related to System and Facilities Maintenance.
- Performs cleaning, maintenance, and routine custodial work as required in District buildings, grounds and other facilities
- Performs routine warehouse duties, cleaning warehouse, inventory maintenance, shipping receiving, and storing of equipment, materials and parts; provides purchasing assistance
- Operates District forklift to load and unload deliveries from various suppliers/vendors
- Monitors parts and materials request, ordering and delivering parts/materials to job sites and various outside locations
- Researches materials and parts for procurement
- Sets up tables and chairs for various District functions
- Delivers and picks up district mail and office supplies
- Inputs accurate records and logs
- Operates assigned District vehicles skillfully and safely, observes safe driving practices - Operates copiers and a variety of office equipment, perform routine clerical duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner and works well with others in a team setting
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, vendors, and the public.
- Attends and adheres to a prescribed work schedule
- Observes safe work practices and safety methods
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or (GED) and one year of experience in a professional work environment. Candidate must have a valid CA Class C Driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Salary and Benefits:
Medical, Dental and Vision
CalPERS, 2% at 62
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
How to apply:
Interested parties can view the full job description and obtain an employment application at the District’s website, www.tccwd.com. Applications are also available at the District headquarters located at 22901 Banducci Road, Tehachapi, California. Applications may be mailed to: TCCWD, P. O. Box 326, Tehachapi, CA 93581. Applications may also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The final date for filing an application is Friday, March 30, 2018. For further information, please call: (661) 822-5504 or (661) 325-3733.
TCCWD does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The District makes all employment decisions in a non- discriminatory manner.