FILING DEADLINE: July 15, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $7,878.66 - $8,272.59 Monthly
Central Marin Sanitation Agency (CMSA) is recruiting to fill a full-time Mechanical Technician I position. Under the supervision of Maintenance supervisory staff, learns and performs preventative maintenance, repairs and replaces a variety of components on a variety of facilities and stationary and mobile equipment, inspects a variety of electrical and electro-mechanical facilities and related appurtenances as found in a wastewater treatment plant, pump stations, and related facilities.
Education & Experience
- Installs, performs preventive maintenance on, repairs and replaces such equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems, and recommends time, equipment and materials required to effect repairs; makes emergency repairs as required.
- Repairs, overhauls or replaces malfunctioning, damaged or worn parts, materials and equipment.
- Cleans, services and paints equipment, machinery, vehicles, structures, buildings, pipelines, storage tanks.
- Services, adjusts and tunes a variety of equipment such as engines, motors, pumps, valves, control systems, boilers, heat exchangers, chemical feed systems.
- Uses welding equipment to cut, heat, weld or braze.
- Uses and performs maintenance on a variety of hand and power tools and required safety equipment.
- Maintains accurate records and files of work performed and materials and supplies used.
- Observes appropriate safety procedures and works to applicable codes and guidelines.
EITHER possession of a Grade I Mechanical Technologist certificate issued by the California Water Environmental Association (CWEA), OR a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and systems found in water and wastewater facilities and the ability to obtain a Grade I certificate within the first two test opportunities after start of employment in the position. Central Marin Sanitation Agency
CMSA operates a water resource recovery facility in Marin County which treats and disposes wastewater as clean effluent into the San Francisco Bay, consistently meeting and exceeding federal and state regulatory requirements. We also beneficially use recycled water, reuse biosolids and biogas, and produce renewable power. For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Mech-Tech-I-Recruitment-Flyer.pdf
To apply, please visit https://koffassociates.com/mechanical-technician-i
/ and submit a resume and signed CMSA application by email to email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Koff & Associates at (510) 658-5633.