What do you value in your next job?
At the Orange County Sanitation District our Core Values form the framework of our organization and reinforce our professional work ethic. If the following values ring true with you, we'd love to invite you to explore our career opportunities further.
Honesty, Trust, & Respect
We aspire to the highest degree of integrity, honesty, trust, and respect in our interaction with each other, our suppliers, our customers, and our community.
Teamwork & Problem Solving
We strive to reach OCSD goals through cooperative efforts and collaboration with each other and our constituencies. We work to solve problems in a creative, cost-effective and safe manner, and we acknowledge team and individual efforts.
Leadership & Commitment
We lead by example, acknowledging the value of our resources and using them wisely and safely to achieve our objectives and goals. We are committed to act in the best interest of our employees, our organization, and our community.
Learning/Teaching - Talents, Skills and Abilities
We continuously develop ourselves, enhancing our talents, skills, and abilities, knowing that only through personal growth and development will we continue to progress as an agency and as individuals.
We seek to recognize, acknowledge and reward contributions to OCSD by our many talented employees. OCSD is currently looking to fill the role of an Information Technology (IT) Systems & Operations Manager.
Under administrative direction, the incumbent in this position directs, manages, supervises, and coordinates assigned activities and operations of the Information Technology Division within the Administrative Services Department, including hardware, software, cyber security, GIS, and telecommunications systems. As a visionary and strategic leader, the incumbent develops and implements an IT strategic plan that supports OCSD's overall strategic goals. In partnership with management, the incumbent addresses short and long-term business goals from an OCSD-wide perspective. Through sound methodologies and innovative technologies, this incumbent optimizes organizational efficiency and effectiveness; directs OCSD's overall information technology systems and operations through coordinated activities with other departments and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Director of Finance and Administrative Services or Assistant General Manager.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Apply online at: www.ocsd.com/jobs APPLICATION FILING DEADLINE: Friday, December 20, 2019, 5:00 P.M.
- Develops strategic and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of IT capabilities which includes data modeling, database administration, data integrity and security methodologies, client support services, technical standards for documentation, testing and training, resource analytics for hardware and communications needs, network control and administration service standards, system design and analysis techniques, varieties of application development approaches, and project management techniques.
- Maintains effective communications with OCSD divisions and departments to assure that information technologies for current and future business operations and decision-making requirements are provided, improved, and replaced as required.
- Ensures project management methodologies and IT best practices are developed and followed, and the maximum value is obtained from information technology solutions.
- Represents the Information Technology Division to other divisions and departments, elected officials, and outside agencies; coordinates assigned activities with those of other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the division's work plan; assigns projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with key staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures.
(or until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received) Hiring Salary Range:
$156,873 to $173,326 Annually
(starting salary will be within this range based upon qualifications)