$8,425.73 - $10,783.07 Monthly
This position will provide professional and analytical assistance in the government relations program; conduct analyses of proposed legislation on District functions and programs, make recommendations; attend and advocate during external meetings in order to influence stakeholders and external associations, develop and implement new strategic outreach programs by engaging and providing information to elected officials, businesses, diversity groups and other community leaders, represent the District and make presentations to various boards, commissions, committees, city councils, and outside agencies as necessary, and perform a variety of analytical duties pertinent to the government relations program.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyze and evaluate critical and current legislation, policies, and other programs, determine possible effects upon the District, make recommendations for actions.
• Support engaging government bodies and key stakeholders, and obtaining government and key stakeholder support on specific legislative issues relevant to the District as a whole, including preparing specific speaking points, white papers, and other advocacy materials for presentation to external policy and decision makers on a regular basis, and attending and advocating on the District's behalf during external meetings, including testifying before and presenting to government bodies and advocacy stakeholder groups.
• Assist with coordination of the annual Water Walk Tour and other strategic tours throughout the year.
• Process community sponsorships, including sending out applications, analyzing applications, and drafting recommendations.
• Schedule and prepare materials for Mayor/City Manager meetings, joint meetings with city councils and the County Board of Supervisors, and elected and appointed official briefings; assist with coordinating and conducting the annual stakeholder engagement event.
• Provide staff assistance to assigned supervisory or management staff; participate on a variety of committees; prepare and present presentations, staff reports and other materials as appropriate and necessary.
• Support the unit's needs for booths and events during community events throughout the year.
Three (3) years of experience performing administrative, operational, management, or financial analysis of complex issues.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field. Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.
Closing Date for Applications: September 26, 2018 by 11:59pm
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link:
Please visit our website: www.valleywater.org