Chino Basin Watermaster's mission is "To manage the Chino Groundwater Basin in the most beneficial manner and to equitably administer and enforce the provisions of the Chino Basin Watermaster Judgment." Chino Basin Watermaster is a consensus-based organization acting pursuant to continuing jurisdiction of the Superior Court regarding utilization of the Chino Groundwater Basin. Water resource strategies include storm water capture, recycled water direct re-use and recharge, desalter expansion, salt balance, water quality issues and general management of the Basin. The Watermaster consists of various entities pumping water from the Basin including cities, water districts, water companies, agricultural, commercial, industrial and other private concerns. Chino Basin Watermaster currently has nine (9) full time employees, including the Field Operations Specialist position.
Chino Basin Watermaster currently has an opening for a Field Operations Specialist.
Performs field sampling and inspections, data accumulation and processing, and other field related work necessary to implement the Judgment as directed by the Senior Environmental Engineer. Frequent contact with producers, water agencies, engineering companies, consultants, and service suppliers is required. Receives direct supervision from the Senior Environmental Engineer; and interacts closely with the Sr. Field Operations Specialist(s), Water Resources Sr. Associate(s), and the Water Resources Associate(s). Also interacts with Watermaster management, and the administrative and accounting staff.
The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this class. Duties could include:
1. Perform various monitoring program tasks to support Watermaster projects including: groundwater quality sampling, groundwater level measurements, well production, meter reading, surface water quality sampling, recharge basin spreading, and other project tasks.
2. Identify changes in well or property owner, well user or property tenant, well status, and conduct field verifications.
3. Collect and input data, and prepare reports and data analyses related to projects.
4. Assist the Sr. Field Operations Specialist(s), Water Resources Sr. Associate(s), and the Water Resources Associate(s) on projects or duties as assigned.
5. Ensure proper preventive maintenance and maintenance records on company vehicles.
6. Perform office maintenance and warehouse duties (storage of records, records retrieval, some minor office maintenance and repair).
7. When requested, assist administrative staff with meetings and supply orders.
8. All other duties as assigned.
• Equivalent to completion of high school
• Some community college classes would be helpful, but not a requirement
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
The position of Field Operations Specialist involves driving a company vehicle as part of the regular and normal duties. As a result, you must possess and maintain a valid California Driver License (Class C) and provide proof thereof and maintain a driving record acceptable to the Watermaster's automobile insurance carrier.
KNOWLEDGE AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Skilled in the use of PC.
• Demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency in the Microsoft applications of Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred.
• Demonstrate acceptable performance of assigned tasks. Measurements include: interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cooperation with others, planning and organization, flexibility, initiative, problem-solving and decision-making, productivity and efficiency, accuracy and work quality, job knowledge, and written and verbal communication skills.
SALARY RANGE: $23.16 TO $31.04 Hourly
To apply for this outstanding career opportunity, applicants need to submit a cover letter stating how your work experience or skills match the Field Operations Specialist duties, and a resume which includes complete work history. Resumes without this information will not be considered. Applicants should also fill out completely an Employment Application (including signature and date) and submit a pdf copy with your cover letter and resume. An Employment Application can be downloaded by visiting our website at: www.cbwm.org/careers.htm
Your cover letter, resume and Employment Application can be sent to: Attention HR Department at HRinfo@cbwm.org
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018 or until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer