Full Time Position: M - F, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monthly Salary Range: $4,761 to $6,380
Please email cover letter, resume, and application to: HRA@nud.net
Application and additional details: www.nud.net/careers
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (SAOR):
Maintains the District’s buildings and grounds under supervision by performing repairs and routine upkeep. Sets up meeting room usage and rental as directed.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Grounds mowing, trimming, weed control, general clean up and repair.
• General maintenance of buildings at the headquarters site and other facilities.
• Meeting rooms rental and setup.
• Perform finish carpentry work, construction work and general maintenance on items such as building and paneling walls and partitions, counter tops, cabinets and bookcases, office furniture, suspended ceilings, drywall, door frames, etc.
• Research and obtain price quotes for purchasing parts needed for maintenance and repair work.
• Perform plumbing repairs such as repairing leaks and unplugging drains and fixtures, replacing valves, and installing or maintaining fixtures such as sinks, urinals, toilets, and other plumbing jobs.
• Works with contractors and vendors to coordinate and complete contracted out work related to buildings and/or ground maintenance; responds to inquiries from the public and confers with property owners who may be impacted by grounds and/or building maintenance work.
• Determines required equipment and materials to complete buildings and grounds related work orders and ensures that the appropriate equipment, materials and staff are assembled to complete assigned work.
• Perform rough carpentry, masonry and electrical duties as required.
• Competently read and interpret blue prints, construction drawings, and mechanical drawings.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots, modifies, repairs and works with vendors, electricians, and other staff to perform corrective and/or preventative maintenance tasks as assigned on various District buildings and related equipment including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, plumbing systems, HVAC systems, security systems.
• Maintain a regular inspection schedule of assigned areas and a clean work area.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Proficient use of electric, gas, propane, pneumatic, hydraulic tools and equipment (i.e. pumps, shovels, mowers, chainsaws, trimmers, multi-meter, blowers, etc.).
• Thorough understanding of safety rules and work practices.
• Proficient use of computers and software programs necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Ability to properly identify facility equipment problems and take appropriate corrective action.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Accurately read and follow complex directions and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, and maps.
• Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time during inclement weather. • Strong communication, both written and oral, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the District security systems equipment, operations and components.
• Proficient use of electrical multi-meter.
Experience / Education:
• Two years landscape maintenance experience.
• Three years of building maintenance experience.
• One-year experience with woodworking tools and use.
• Pesticide applicator certification within the first year of employment.
• Arborist, Master Gardener or similar certification is preferred.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License
• Commercial Driver’s License Class A with Tanker and Air Brake Endorsements
• First Aid Card and CPR Card
• Forklift Certification
Reliable and regular attendance, and the ability to work harmoniously with other employees.
Most work is performed outdoors. Some work will be performed at high elevation or height, or deep underground in utility vaults. Nights and odd hours in response to emergencies may be required. This position typically requires: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Exerting up to 90 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.