The Dublin San Ramon Services District, a special district in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides water, wastewater, and recycled water services, is currently recruiting for a limited-term Construction Inspector I/II. The full salary range for this position is $7,336 to $9,805 per month with a generous benefit and paid time off package.
POSITION AND IDEAL CANDIDATE
The District is currently recruiting for a limited-term, full-time Construction Inspector I/II in the Planning & Permitting Division of the Engineering Department. The term of this position could be up to three (3) years.
Under direct or general supervision of the assigned supervisor, the Construction Inspector I/II performs a variety of routine duties related to field inspections of construction projects on pipelines, pump stations, treatment facilities, and other District capital projects and appurtenances; ensures compliance with District’s standards and specifications; enforces safe work practices at construction sites; and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate for the Construction Inspector I/II position will have worked in the water, recycled water, or wastewater industry, specifically conducting underground inspections or in a lead role in underground construction. He or she shall have knowledge of pipeline installation and trench safety. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other District construction inspectors, office technicians and engineers; firmly impose District requirements while providing excellent customer service; and adapt to changes in the field. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, a creative thinker, and organized. A background in water construction, underground construction, construction management, or engineering is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
- One (1) year of experience in engineering or public works construction
- Coursework in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, drafting, or surveying is desirable
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Possession of a Grade I Water Treatment Operator or a Grade I Water Distribution Operator certification from the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) within two test cycles upon appointment
- Possession of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) Cross-Connection Programs Specialist certification and the American Water Works Association General Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester certification is desirable
- Possession of Competent Person Training certificate is required within one (1) year of employment
- Possession of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care Provider certificate and First Aid certificate is required within one (1) year of employment
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please complete a District employment application and supplemental questions. This recruitment is continuous with first review of applications on September 28, 2018. Resume and cover letter may be included with the application, but will not be accepted in lieu of the District application form and supplemental questionnaire.
For more information and to apply online, please go to: http://www.dsrsd.com/careers/current-openings-and-employment-information/current-job-openings